Everidae Teriyaki Chicken w/ Brown Rice
September 27th, 2013 by Dominic Sorenson - Tags: Chicken, Dinner, Vegetarian
Need simple, healthy, fast and flavorful? Try this fresh Everidae Teriyaki Chicken recipe from our super fan Alissa M. in Waikoloa, HI. Send us some of those fresh Hawaiian pineapples Alissa!
Time: ~25 min
1.5 lbs Boneless chicken breast (or Firm Tofu)
1 lb. Fresh pineapple, cubed
1 Green Pepper, 1 Red Pepper
1 Medium size yellow/white onion
0.5 C. Soy Sauce
0.5C Brown Sugar
0.5C Pineapple juice
1 tsp Fresh Garlic minced
1 tsp Fresh ginger minced
1 Tbsp. Olive oil
2 Tbsp. Favorite Everidae Sauce
3C Cooked white or brown rice
- Cook 1.5 Cups of Brown Rice to yield 3 Cups cooked. Remove from heat, fluff and cover.
- Sauce: Combine Soy, Pineapple Juice, Brown Sugar, Garlic, Ginger, Oil, & Everidae sauce in bowl and mix well.
- Dice Chicken (or Tofu), Pineapple, Onion, & Peppers to 1 inch pieces.
- Heat Wok to hot.
- Sautee chicken until 155F internal temp (or until firm).
- Add Peppers, Pineapple, & Onions to wok. Toss occasionally.
- When onions are translucent, slowly add Sauce mixture while stirring.
- Reduce wok heat to medium and toss until all coated. (thicken with cornstarch & soy mixture if needed.
Serve over warm brown rice in appropriate bowl. Grab your favorite chopsticks and dig in!